Top Social

Greens are Groovy

Wednesday 17 February 2016
The biggest struggle for me every year is that one thing that 99.9% of us despise.... the dreaded DIET!!!! Every year I say to myself "Okay Grace here are your new year's resolutions...1.Eat Clean and 2. Sign up to a gym (There are many more that I never end up following so I won't bore you with those!) Every year I become this fitness freak for about a week I eat clean and work out and suddenly think I am a Trained Athlete (Embarrassing I know) and then I get lazy again and start complaining about not being in the shape I want. So this year I have decided I actually need to stick to a diet which suits me and work out whenever I have the time. I visited Ibiza last year and I packed a ton of bikinis and never wore a single one as every time I looked in the mirror I just stared at my hips and my stomach and just wasn't pleased with my appearance. So of course it was the hero swimming costumes that saved the day! But this year I want to be able to wear whatever I want and feel comfortable. When I get rambling I just cant stop so sorry in advance for future posts. Any who back to the diet that I will actually enjoy and not scowl at the dingy lettuce and tomato salad that I grab out of the fridge on my lunch break. 

Throughout my blog I will post some of my fave dishes that satisfy my cravings and that are on the healthy side! And just to mention I am no health or food expert but these are foods that work for me. I can enjoy them and not feel guilty!

Here are just some pictures of some recent dishes I threw together (Excuse the pictures need to fix my camera asap!) As you can see I love my greens, there is so much you can do with them to make them to make them exciting and full of flavour. One of my favourite vegetables is kale if you haven't jumped on the bandwagon then your missing out big time. I like to fry my kale instead of boil it gives it more flavour and crisps up the edges. I always use a small bit of extra virgin olive oil with some garlic salt and chili flakes. You can add in some onions too for more flavour. When cooking use quite a fair bit of kale as it does shrink and do not have the pan on too high as it will burn and no one likes burnt food!!!! This goes perfectly with poached eggs.I enjoy eating fish as it's very light so by the time I get home I don't have to worry about a heavy meal sitting on my stomach. Zucchini is always a winner for me especially in extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic and herbs. When I am at work I normally have a tin of tuna with avocado with fresh lemon and a drizzle of oil! it's easy and fills you up. The final picture is the roast i cooked on sunday, not exactly healthy but it was so damn good so I'm gonna put it on here anyway! 
 I will be uploading more dishes I enjoy in the future that are light and easy to cook and wont leave you feeling bloated! Hope you enjoyed reading! Love GC Xxx 






Post Comment
Post a Comment